Thursday, August 7, 2014

The question

Recently I have been asked by multiple people how we like living in the country.   I have responded with we love it!  
Then some have asked if the kids have adjusted to not having friends close, and not living next to a playground, grocery store, etc.  I can honestly say I have not heard a single complaint from them!  I think we have all gotten to feel like we are at home here. 
One of the things I have noticed this summer is how much time my kids have spent playing together.  They really are good friends, and that makes me happy. 
And as for missing the playground, city pool and other ammenities of town life, I think we have that covered right here at home!  
The other big summer entertainment here has been watching 'American Ninja Warrior'.  We have been watchIng this as a family. The big boys watch it because of the awesomeness of the athletes.  The big girls watch it because most of the athletes are hot! Jim and I watch it because it is not as offensive or dumb as a lot of the programs on tv these days.   Preston and Quincy....well they watch it because they are convinced they will be the next American ninja!  As such, they have spent days creating a warrior course in our yard.  They practice and practice!  They climb with only their arms, spider climb between trees and box jump big rocks!   
The only downfall I see in this is that they are both permanently covered in black tree sap!  They will probably never come clean again!  
But when we are watching them on tv some summer a few years from now, it will totally be worth it!  

1 comment:

  1. I am a little jealous of your country life to say the least! What we would give for a few acres of our own...
    Glad you are loving it!

    ReplyDelete