Sunday, August 17, 2014

Last fair for our big girls

This was Mallory and Madison's last fair as official members of 4-H.  I think they had a good week!  I hope that they will look back with memories of their 4-H career as fond as the ones I have!  
I was exceptionally proud of them as their leader spoke about them and presented them with gifts from the club.  
Preston entered his bearded dragon, PJ in the pet show.  He did a good job of telling both the audience and the judge about his project.  
Quincy entered Adolf in the cat portion of the pet show.  She amused the audience when she told them Adolf's dirty secret (he enjoys drinking from the toilet).   
Harper entered Lollipop, the other bearded dragon in the open class pet show, unfortunately she was more worried about the cedar chips in her boots than in talking to anyone about her project!
Preston's dragon was the reserve champion pet over all.  He was beat out by a mini donkey named Hector.  He was pretty excited with his banner though!  He even asked to have a photo with the judge.  She agreed as long as she didn't have to hold a dragon!
Adolf was the grand champion cat!  We always knew that toilet drinking dork was superior to all other cats!  

After the pet show, the club had their annual tour.   I don't know if it was the allure of pizza or not, but this seemed like a record setting attendance!  
Every kid who leaves 4-H as a senior gets thrown in the stock tank at the fair. Traditions such as these do not get forgotten.  Mallory was smart, she handed me her phone and brought along dry clothes.  Madison was determined she wasn't getting dunked.  That just made it all the more fun!  
I thought we were going to help decorate a float for the parade, but misplaced all of my children.  I finally called Colin who said oh they are with me....I entered them in the pedal tractor pull!  I didn't make it in time to see Harper pull, but she got 2nd place!  I did get to see Preston and Quincy!  They didn't place but they did redeem their free drink from the concession stand!  
Cameron was the only one participating in the auction tonight.  This was the only time I ever remember the sale being so difficult.  Goatis will be missed around here!  He was a funny little goat who we were all crazy about! 
Mallory and Madison's last official committee was heading up the parade float.  The parade theme was 'reality tv' and the float was 'the real 4-Hers of Osage county.  They got second place!   I was shocked that Quincy wanted to ride the float instead of catching candy! 
Cameron's first official performance as a member if the SFT marching band was amazing!  They looked and sounded great!
So proud of all we accomplished this week!  Working til the very end!  
2014 fair is a wrap.  I call it a huge (exhausting) success!  I am thankful that we have these opportunities and blessed by the fact that I have really great kids!   

No comments:

Post a Comment