Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 3

Today was the goat show.  Our goats did decent, especially considering this is our first goat experience, and that we bought extremely young goats.  
Preston and Quincy were in the young breeding goat class.  I have to say this was one if the coolest judges I have ever seen.  He spent a ton of time talking to the kids, and teaching them.  It was neat to see.  
Preston and Quincy's goats both got blue ribbons.  Colin and Cameron's goats both got reds.  I know it is shocking that Goatis is not the grand champion goat of the universe. I am proud of the kids for taking on a new project and seeing it through.  We are looking forward to getting more goats and building a herd.  

This evening was the end of band camp dinner.  Since I  on the band booster board, I had to go serve the meal and help with the parent meeting.  The kids then did a sneak preview of their parade routine.  It was a nice evening and I was happy to be a part of it.   Unfortunately, as I have mentioned in the past, the downfall sometimes of having multiple children is that on occasion, we have to miss out on something because of conflicts in the schedule.  Tonight was one example of this.  
Preston had his bucket calf show.  Colin and I helped him get the calf ready, although we didn't have to do much because Preston really does most of his own work. 
Preston broke this calf, fed it bottles in the rain, got up early all summer to bottle feed him, and learned a lot about the project.  He did his own work, and he has worked very hard!  
And his hard work paid off because he was the junior bucket calf champion!  I am very glad Jim was there to watch this awesome moment!  
It is always good to see hard work pay off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment