Sunday, December 28, 2014

Deep thoughts. Or not

On the day before Christmas Eve, Colin thought he had a buyer for his goat.   He was gone and needed photos.  It was a couple days until Christmas and I was preoccupied with other things, so I sent Preston to take a few photos for Colin. Preston took the task very seriously.  I got 87 photos back when he brought the phone back.   87.  Eighty-three of them were selfies.  
The others looked like this.   It didn't sink in that the goat is a wether and that nobody wants a photo of his face.  They wanted him for Christmas dinner!  There were a couple of relieved little girlies when the buyer stopped communicating with Colin.  Spooby is safe.....for now! 
The Christmas sunset was equally beautiful to the Thanksgiving one!  I seriously love where we live.  So much peace and beauty.  
We have had a pretty relaxing weekend.  I needed to fold laundry but geez I hate to wake a sleeping baby!  Jim and the boys have been trimming the trees at the end of our driveway.  I would have helped but I was actually making progress on reading this awesome book!   We also gave smoking chicken using hedge a try.  I must say it turned out fabulous.  I believe the only trouble we had was that we ran out of meat before we wanted to! I wish we could have a few more laid back days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment