Tuesday, February 10, 2015

New kids

I have been telling Jim since we moved in I was going to get a couple of cats to keep out in our box car.  The mice in the chicken food I just cannot deal with.  As most of you know, I brought home a box car cat last fall, but Johnny ended up being a spoiled inside cat rather than the vicious mouser I was needing.  Well, last week, only one of my religion Ed kids showed up.  I was visiting with him and he very sadly told me that his dad says they have too many cats, and his dad said they had to give a few away.   I asked him if they were inside cats and he said no they live under our porch and in the barn!   I asked him if I could have a couple and he was very excited!  
His mother was also excited!  And so yesterday, on the way home from Quincy's physical, we made a stop at their house and picked up a couple of extremely cute, somewhat timid, never to be allowed indoor cats!  Since I have a rule about cat names, the kids did a little research and named them after the serial killers Jack the Ripper (above) and Ray Copeland (below). Jack and Ray, upon further inspection I believe are actually Jackie and Rae!  
It may seem silly, but I was so happy this morning when we went to do chores and they were in the boxcar!  Sometimes transplanting grown cats is hard and they run off!  Jack was happy to see us too....Ray was indifferent!  

No comments:

Post a Comment