Sunday, February 22, 2015

Regional Wrestling

We watched 2 days of reginonal wrestling this weekend.  It was actually a ton of fun and I am thankful to Cameron and Mallory for watching the littles and watching the near due goat so that Jim and I could both go watch!  
Colin wrestled awesome!  He ended up placing either 5th or 6th.  He lost out of the state qualifying match by one point and it was heartbreaking.  And while we could look at this as the season where he lost going to state by a single point, I don't think we should.   I think we should look at his junior season as a glaring success.  We should remember that he has been doing amazingly well since November.  That he has made every single sacrifice to put his body on the mat week after week. 
He has a great record for the season.  He learned a lot, and most of all he became a better person.   He knows what it takes to work....and to me that is a great life skill.  His season may be over but Jim and I couldn't be prouder of this kid!  Now tell me, what do people do on Saturday?  Oh wait, basketball season isn't over!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment