Wednesday, October 7, 2015

One day at a time

I have a terrible habit of trying to squeeze in too many things into small spaces of time.  Monday, Saige had an eye doctor appointment and I had several places I wanted to stop. I dislike Topeka something fierce and so I always try to think of every little thing I could possibly need to do and do it all while I am there.  In the midst of all my errands, Jim texted and said hey  why don't you just stop and grab papa murphys pizza on the way home.  Delighted that I could run more errands since I no longer had to cook dinner, I readily agreed.  I had to be home at a certain time in order to get the pizza cooked and get the kids to 4-H.  Mallory was at home and would cover homework and chores for me she said.  After running a bunch, I grabbed pizza and was rather pleased with myself and headed home.  That's when whack I was rear ended.  I then spent an hour waiting on the police to arrive and then waiting for them to fill out the reports.  I was moderately annoyed as this clearly did not fit into my "schedule."   But then something happened.   I realized that the person who hit me was a cousin I had not seen in a long time.  And the responding officer was a classmate of Cameron's dad.  Nobody was hurt.  No real big damage was done to my vehicle.  I believe in Devine intervention.  I actually enjoyed visiting with Frank while we waited on the police.  
The rest of this week is just as crazy as Monday was.  But I have a different perspective.  One of enjoying my time a little bit more.  Maybe slowing down a little.  I am trying to be more thankful for the little stuff too.  A good reminder.  
The kids were installed as officers at their 4-H meeting Monday.  Hoping for another great club year.  Preston and Quincy were given awards for their success in the pet project.  
Yesterday I had a board meeting.  At the end of the day, all I really wanted to do was sit and stare off into space, but I had to go pick up Jim.  The sunset was beautiful and I love this little one room school house at the end of our road.  
Saige had a great time playing with grandma's new kittens while I was in my board meeting. 
Preston went to the Renaissance festival with his friends on Sunday.  He had a great time. I think it is hilarious that the turkey leg is bigger than he is!  

1 comment:

  1. what a great reminder friend. Life feels like it is on fast forward right now, I laugh and say that I am running to catch myself... so I needed your post!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete