Thursday, October 15, 2015

They say it's my birthday....

It has been a real adventure around here lately. I was hoping that my "28th" birthday could be a low key affair but that just isn't in the cards for this year.  
 Saige had story time and was super duper excited about her trip to the fire station.  She even got to see how they turn on the lights and try on their equipment.  I had to force her to lose the hat for "church school" this evening.  She and I had lunch with Jim because Jim had city council this evening.  When we left to go errand running she cried because she thought Jim was coming with us.  It has been a long time since a kid cried that hard in my car.  It did not make for a nice enjoyable ride into Lawrence.  
Mallory helped me by taking the girls to religion Ed so I could take Preston to his footbm practice and then help with Cameron's band on the run fundraiser.  The band kids get pledges and then they run as many laps as they can in an hour. Cameron did a pretty good job of getting sponsors and he ran 25 laps in his hour.  
On the way, he insisted I stop at city hall. He said UPS had delivered a package he had to have in order to run.  It was this hair hat.  Yea, I got nothing.  
It was a fun event and he did have a lot of success so I will just choose to focus on that.  
While most of us were out at various events, Madison and Colin were at home.  They surprised me by cleaning.  Madison also made me mammo-grams because she is a smart aleck, and a nice cake.  
Overall, I had a great, albeit busy birthday.  I am thankful for this past year and looking forward to seeing what the next one brings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment