Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Almost fate


I love to pick strawberries in the summer and hoard them in the freezer for winter. They never taste as good in the winter when you buy them at the store! I like this place outside of Lawrence, but when the picking was good, we were on vacation. I recently learned of a small farm outside our town that has you pick produce and the prices seem amazing.

Madison and I decided to give it a try yesterday. The little girls were happy to help! Preston told me he did not feel that he should have to harvest a fruit he hates! My day turned into a fiasco, but Madison was amazing as usual, and got our berries all put away for delicious summer treats this winter!


Preston had football practice, and the little girls had a make up game in Harveyville (the first one was rained out after 1 inning). I knew we would be a little bit early, but we dropped Preston and headed out. There is a nice playground near the ballpark, so I figured killing 20 minutes would be easy. Except when the team should have started arriving for warm-ups, they were not people we knew. I got on the team page (not easy considering the cellular disaster that we were in) and discovered that the game was not until 8. We did not really have enough time to go anywhere and get back, but killing time in Harveyville, Kansas is not an easy thing to do! I called Jim who was picking up Preston and heading our way so he would know. He said he would bring dinner and meet us at the park.

Luckily, the kids I had with me love parks! Jim called to say the place he tried to buy pizza from would not take a check. It was feeling like a disaster! The girl's team arrived for warm-up. Then I heard it. Thunder. I killed almost 2 hours in a town without even a store....and now it is going to rain? I seriously almosy cried.

The Harveyville ballpark has a ton of overhead shelter. The decision was made to wait a few minutes because the radar made the storm seems very small. After about 15 minutes we were able to play ball!



Which is awesome because Harper had a couple of very successful at bats!

And because I was not planning to make a 3rd trip there!

We got home a lot later than we planned, but we were still able to have birthday cake and ice cream with Colin! Only a couple days late!

Knowing how I love photos, and that I like to take a picture on their special day, Colin shared this gem from his actual birthday!

Cameron was up and out the door at 4 this morning to catch his flight to Anaheim. He has worked very hard for this, and I sincerely hope it is an amazing experience for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment