Monday, June 19, 2017

Can't play in the rain







Saige and I spent all afternoon on Friday in the kitchen. We made a cake, all sorts of other good foods, and bagged ice cream! We had fun, but I must have been asked 1000 times when the kids would be home.

The kids had a great time at camp. We picked them up Saturday afternoon. They looked like zombies and had a million stories to tell! Saige was tired of my entertainment and extremely happy to see the kids!

We got home with just enough time to drop the bags and get dressed for ball. Harper and Saige had a game in Harveyville, Preston had a game at home, and Quincy had practice. I took the girls to Harveyville. When we got there it was incredibly, uncomfortably hot. I decided to sit in the shade until the game started. As I am sitting there, I swore I heard thunder. Sure enough, by game time, that county was under a thunderstorm warning. They played one inning. Saige got to bat, but Harper never did. I loaded the girls and told them its ok, we will just go to Overbrook and watch the rest of Preston's game. As we pulled into town, I got a text from Mallory saying they cancelled practice due to lightening. I pulled in the ballpark and learned that Preston's game had also been called off. We got home just in time before a large storm dumped a lot of rain! Harper told me she prefers storms at home instead of at camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment