Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekends are the best


We had a glorious, cool weather, awesome weekend! It was Colin's 19th birthday, but he spent it in Manhattan at Stampede. We still have to have his birthday dinner! The rest of the family enjoyed hanging out together, working around our house, and playing a little!

The baby turkeys are starting to resemble turkeys rather than cute little chicks. My plan of having a freezer full of turkey is not working out as well as we had hoped. We started with a dozen, we are down to 5. We are not sure exactly what is going wrong. We are really hoping to get these to adulthood! The baby goat is doing so great! She is adorable and we all just love her!

Jim spent a great amount of time with the chainsaw lately. There were a few dead trees he took down as well as the never ending red cedar battle. The kids like when they see him with a chainsaw, as it always means a fire will be lit!

I went out to talk to Jim yesterday and my heart swelled when I saw what was taking place. Preston and Quincy helping their little sisters with their batting skills. It makes my day when I see the love they have for each other.

Saige and Harper's coach took this picture. It made me smile. The little girls are having a great time playing softball this summer! Its a no stress, good friend, fun team, and the parents are pretty cool to hang out with as well!

Preston's team has struggled, but I believe that he is still having fun! He had a nice hit and I am impressed with his base stealing skills! The boy is so fast!


Harper and Saige's coach mixed things up at Lyndon this week. Harper and Saige both got to try their hands at playing catcher! Saige needs to grow into the gear though!



The people who are pasturing our goats have been on vacation this week. We have been driving across the country to check them. We had a great conversation about the wheat harvest! I love that my kids are growing up learning about the hard work that goes into feeding the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment