Friday, July 14, 2017

Finished


Saige and Harper finished their season this evening. It was fun and a great game! We can now reclaim our evenings for a few weeks! (She says with mock confidence in our ability to actually stay home!).




Mallory took pictures of her girls at their last game. She did a pretty good job!

Honestly, baseball is not my favorite sport. At least not major league kind of baseball. I will state for the record that I truly enjoy summer evenings at the ball park. I love watching the kids play, making memories with their friends, the running commentary from Jim, a nice jalapeno laden nacho, and just the free and easy feeling I get from hanging out visiting with friends. I am blessed beyond measure to be in this life.

Perhaps I would be remiss if i didn't mention that by mid-July I am always ready for the season to end though! I am ready to dedicate more time to things like our neglected and sad dog, 4-H goats that need more training, a house that needs a thorough cleaning, laundry that hasn't been finished since May, and a lot more than can be listed!

Plus, I have to convince 4 young children that it is time to return "Harry" the baby ornate box turtle to the wild. A friend found him and sent him home with me to show the kids. They asked to keep him inside last night since there were several bad storms around (cause we all know how turtles are terrified of storms). I agreed to keeping him until the weekend. No longer. For a tiny little guy, he sure has eaten a big amount of watermelon and kale! I am sure he will be happy to go back outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment