Monday, January 15, 2018

6 days 

The kids had a scheduled 4 day weekend with Friday being a teacher inservice day, and today being Martin Luther King day.  They got Thursday off school due to ice, and now they have tomorrow off due to threats of negative temperature and arctic wind chills.  Six (6) days off.  6!  They are thinking it's like a second Christmas break!  

Jim had today off too.  He did a lot around the house, and then he got in some snuggle time!  You know it's cold if you see Jim with a blanket!  He is like a human heater and rarely have I ever seen this!   

I had to work, and I was happy to be home when it was over because I just felt like my house would be warmer than my office!  When I returned from work, I was surprised to see Colin was home for a visit.  He had an appointment in Topeka, so he stopped by to visit for a while.  He was helpful with getting some heat lamps up and running for the goats. 

Keeping the goats in fresh unfrozen water has been a process, but I am proud of the kids for taking the job to heart.  So far, no babies have been delivered, and for that I am very thankful!  

1 comment:

  1. The wind chill was -20 when I got up this morning and the temp -3. Brrrrrr!!!! Stay warm friends!

    ReplyDelete