Thursday, January 11, 2018

Snow day! 

The predicted rain turning to ice prompted the schools in this area to all be closed.   It is a good day to stay indoors!  The kids and I are having a day at home.  We are going to clean house and catch up laundry before the crazy weekend gets here.  I promised cinnamon rolls to the kids who work hard!  The dough is rising, but so far nobody is winning the hard worker contest!  

Last night, at RE, Harper's class had  to join with mine due to her teacher having a baby.  Part of my class, we cover a lesson and then I let the kids do some sort of craft and we visit.  My feeling is that the kids have already had a full day, and forcing them to work for very long just loses any points you might get across.  Anyway, we were visiting and making crafts when one boy told the rest of the kids that he read a book where if you wear your pajamas backwards and do a snow day dance, you will get a snow day from school.  They all thought this was a brilliant plan and agreed to all go home and try it.  Harper convinced Quincy and Saige they had to participate as well!  There was some serious booty shaking going on last night with all of them sporting backward pajamas!  When they got up this morning and it was daylight, they all proclaimed the plan a great success!   I bet they will be wearing backward pajamas from now on!   The only one who was not happy was Preston, because he had a basketball game tonight that was cancelled.  He thought he was getting to start on the A team and is sort of bummed.  

Quincy's class had a tea party yesterday. On Tuesday evening, I worked at the high school basketball game serving a fundraiser dinner.  When I got home, Colin had come home for a couple of days so we were all visiting with him. I tucked the youngest 3 girls in bed and the older ones and Jim and I were still visiting.  Around 9:30, Quincy came out to tell me she "forgot something important."  Oh yea mom, there is this tea party tomorrow and I signed up to make the sandwiches.  I need 24 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches tomorrow morning.  Luckily, We had done our grocery shopping last weekend and there was a sale on peanut butter!  Geez kid.   I told her she could get up at 5 when I get up and make the sandwiches herself.  She agreed to this plan and she did get up and get it done.  I found out a little later it was quarter sandwiches, so she only had to actually  make 6 sandwiches and cut them up!  

In the past couple of days we have had some moments that absolutely cracked me up.  Like last night on the way to RE, the little girls were chatting.   

Saige: hey did you know I am friends with 'A' now?

Harper: what? I thought she was always mean to you?  

Saige: well you know, new year, new you!  

And this morning as we were discussing the day before us, Saige said "yea let's clean house because that always makes the day go by super slow....we want the snow day to last!"  

From Cameron - from the game on Tuesday - well the Wellsville team might have beat us but I paid them back by pulling out in front of their bus and driving 40 down the highway.  

They always make me laugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment