Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Good, the bad, the Ugly


Preston (#2 in blue) played in Burlington last night.  He played in both the a and the b games.  He even started the b game and had his name announced. He was kind of excited about that. The b team won.  Preston is a good player. He works so hard....never stopping, always paying attention to where people are on the court.  It helps him get a lot of assists.  


Preston played really well in the A game (varsity)  as well.  He had to guard some kids who definitely eat their Wheaties!  The A team had a very bad night.  Some of the saddest basketball I have ever seen!  


The score was so ugly, I am banned from mentioning it.  Ever.  It was 9-41.   Because you see, a few months ago, I was hauling these boys on a bus in Ottawa when we stopped for dinner.  I had a little tangle with the Mcdonalds overhead drive through sign and might have left a huge scratch across the roof of the bus.  They were banned from ever mentioning it again.  However, I was told by a certain source that this is a favorite story to tell at the jr high.  So there you go- banned means nothing.   ;)

The game was so ugly, that I am thankful I got paid to watch it!   I do like watching Preston play!  I also enjoy the other kids even when they give me grief.   

No comments:

Post a Comment