Friday, June 15, 2018

A peek at this week 


We have played a lot of ball!  I did not take a lot of photos, and the ones I did take are not very good.  I am proud of my kids for working hard on out there - even when it is hot.  Even when the score is lopsided.  Even when the parents are hollering.  Even when the focus is not very good.  Even when the umpiring is questionable.  It is still fun for them, and they are having a great time with their friends.  They really do give it their all. 



The big kids have been working, and the littles have been enjoying poolside afternoons!  I get a kick out of these 2.  They are best of friends.  It makes me happy to know they have life long best friend. 


I sent this photo to my mom with the caption "no idea how they cracked their skulls..."  they like to do crazy jumping.  I read an article recently that suggested that the reason kids are lagging behind, and can't focus or sit still to learn is because we are too overprotective of them.  They aren't allowed to do anything dangerous, or use their bodies.  I don't think that is an issue for any of mine.  :) 



Quincy got a small job at the Crow Canyon Ranch.  She has been bathing horses, cleaning stalls, staining patio furniture, weed wacking, and gardening a few hours a week.  She loves it.  They also saved a turtle off of the road that had been hit by a car.  They were able to glue the shell back together and the lady is keeping it in their garage until it is healed.  I believe this is a great job for Quincy and she is really happy about it!  She also gets to eat lunch at the bar in town (which we all love) and she got a groovy sun hat!  Life is good! 


Trivia lover, Cameron talked Colin into joining his trivia team for the library's trivia night.  He was sure they would win!  Colin is up for just about anything.  As I stated before, it is good to have a best friend who is on board for just about any adventure! 

Cameron was right, they did win!  I think the library's limited budget picture of a trophy is hilarious! 



While the big boys were playing trivia, the girls and I went to watch Preston play ball.  His team has really struggled this season, and although I think he is learning a lot, it isn't always the best fun to watch them! 

Harper took pictures for me.  Preston was hit by a pitch to get on base last night.  Not the way he likes to get there, but we took it! 
I am enjoying the season!  Loving the warm sunny days and ballpark nights.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment