Saturday, June 16, 2018

3....2....1.....camp!!!

I am not exaggerating when I say Quincy has been counting down to this day since they announced the camp dates back in January.  She absolutely loves going to camp at Rock Springs.   Harper has been looking forward to it too, but maybe not for as long!  They were wound up this morning!  Harper was actually mad at me because I would not leave 2 hours early to drive them over.  She was sure I was wrong about what time and she was going to miss the bus!  Both girls got into cabins with their friends and were squealing when they were boarding the bus! I love how much enthusiasm they have.  

I sure do hope they have fun!   Douglas county is camping this week too, so they have a lot of friends and a cousin there with them!  

The unfortunate part is that someone got left behind.  The fortunate part is that she is easy to entertain.  She got a new box of markers and some paper and she's all set for days and days.   She is a chatterbox for sure!  I'm not sure she has stopped talking since we left Lyndon!  

I am glad she is home to help me with this little project though.  We had 10 kittens and had only rehomed one.  The girls are very attached to the one that looks Siamese.  Jim agreed that she could become a house cat.  Then he also agreed that Saige could keep the one she liked.  Then something ate 6 of them in the night.  The one Saige loved was a victim.   So the remaining 3 have been upgraded to house kitties.  Jim is a soft hearted big old teddy bear.  I have always had a soft spot for kitties.  These 3 may end up outside again when they are bigger, but for now Saige has taken over as their mom, and they seem to like being showered with attention.  

The girls gave them ridiculous names.  The gray one is Booshka Mooshka.  The Siamese is Boomerang and the black and white one is Penelope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment