Sunday, June 3, 2018

Weekend time 

The slime phase the grade school kids have had going on for the last year is not lost on Quincy.  The problem is that despite following several different recipes, and trying several different times, we continually fail at making slime.  Quincy hates to give up on the project though!  

I love my guinea fowl.  They make a huge difference in how many bugs and snakes  are in our yard.  The only thing is that we continually have to replenish them.  I found a lady with some keets for sale at Osage City.  Since Harper had a game there this week, I arranged to meet her at the ballpark.   The only problem with the plan was that it was way too hot to leave them in the van, so we provided entertainment and some farm education at the game!  They are soooo cute!   

Harper had a great game!  They did not win, but this little girl is serious about the game. She does a great job! She played at pitcher and first base.  

While Harper was playing at Osage, Quincy had a game at Lyndon.  Mallory took her for me.  I am not sure exactly what happened, but one of the moms got a little nasty and aimed her comments toward Quincy.  Mallory stood up for Quincy and got the lady to stop.  I don't bring this up because I am happy about it, but because it legitimately makes me happy how my kids continually watch out for each other.  They may not always be appropriate and God knows they have their share of squabbles, but nobody messes with their siblings! 

The 4-H club once again worked slinging concessions at the Rumble on the Trail.  A fun tractor and lawnmower pull.   I had  a good time making popcorn and snow cones and watching the kids work hard!   It was a fun (but extremely long) night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment