Thursday, March 7, 2019

League band

Yesterday, our school hosted the league band concert.  This is something relatively new that the league is doing.  It is pretty neat. They get all the bands together in the league,  they choose some music (which the school directors work with the kids on before hand) then they get together with a guest director, and they come together and perform a concert.  

There were a lot of kids, and Preston and Quincy were sort of hard to pick out, particularly Quincy since she plays trombone, which sits toward the rear.  This league has some talented kids in it, and the concert was really fun to go listen to.  I enjoyed it!  I did feel bad about missing Ash Wednesday mass, but was happy that Mallory and Madison were able to take Harper and Saige at least!  The snow day sort of messed around with my neatly organized plans.





I had a lot on my mind, as the band boosters served the dinner for this event.  I knew I had to bring cookies, and I knew that there were probably some gaps that needed filled as the booster board is small, and we were serving a lot of meals.  I remembered to tell P&Q that they were to wear their red shirts for the afternoon rehearsal, and I remembered to give them money so they could get the meal that we were serving, but I realized when I got there, that I forgot to remind them to take dress up clothes for the concert.  I saw Preston first and was relieved that he remembered, and looked nice.  Quincy isn't known for her desire to dress up, so I had a little bit of worry that she would not have on concert attire.  She did remember to grab clean clothes.  I told her she sort of looked like a lumberjack.  She said, well, YOU bought me this shirt!  :)  At least she was clean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment