Sunday, March 10, 2019

Regionals


The model meeting group traveled to Gardner for Regional 4-H club day yesterday.  The weather had played heck with the practicing, and again, I was kind of nervous that we were not as prepared as we should or could have been.  Again, I was pleasantly surprised by this group.  They did a great job.  They got a blue ribbon for their performance, and a few comments that should help them with their future model meetings.  I am very proud of them!


I am especially proud of Harper, who had several lines in the meeting, including a motion and she not only knew her lines, she also said them loud and clear!  It was great!



Mostly, I am just happy to have this year under our belt!  I enjoyed it, but the weather kept us from preparing, and that was sort of stressful to me, especially considering the group is pretty young.  I am glad they had the experience, and I am glad it is finished! 


Cameron got tickets for Jim and Preston to attend the game with him last night.  They had a great time!  Having KSU win the game and be named the big 12 champions was a pretty good day to be there!  


Cameron was also selected to participate in a 3 point contest.  I know the pictures are sort of hard to see, but he won!  Apparently he made one 3 point shot, and the other person made none.  He won a year's worth of dinners at Chipotle.  He is having a twitter contest to get rid of his prize because he apparently does not enjoy eating there!  
It was a good Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment