Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Momma always said....

There'd be days like this.
Yesterday was one of the days that if I didn't have good family, I wouldn't have made it through!  
I was supposed to take Jim to the eye doctor, and while he was there, take Saige to get her cast removed.  Then Harper woke up not feeling well.  After driving the bus, I ended up staying home with her in the morning, Jim rescheduled his eye exam, and took Saige to get her cast off.  She was so excited to be able to wash her arm!  Bath time was a lot smoother too!
Thankfully, Madison was home yesterday.  She watched Harper (who after a while was just really tired and thankfully not sick) and she also baked the cookies I needed for Preston and Quincy's league band meet today.  I am happy that she was home and willing!  I have missed her!  Having the baby around is a huge bonus too!  I got a little snuggle time in before I had to leave to drive the bus again!  



I had volunteered to be the driver for Preston's quiz bowl team yesterday afternoon, so I was happy it worked out that I had help!  Preston's team traveled to Prairie View.  They had a pretty large tournament.  Preston's team absolutely kicked butt yesterday and ended up in the championship round.  They lost the championship round by one question in a heated round.  I sincerely enjoyed watching.  Quiz bowl is so much fun to watch!



They got 2nd place, but honestly it was a hard competition, and I am very proud of them all!  

Harper's teacher sent me this picture.  Harper has been working for quite a while on an "American hero" project.  She picked Elton John.  I am not sure how she decided Elton was an American hero, but in my opinion, she isn't wrong!  She has worked pretty hard on this project.  I overheard her tell Quincy she will be happy to be done with Elton John!


Yesterday, I had a text from Cameron with this photo attached.  His high school FBLA sponsor was in Manhattan and looked him up.  He was so happy to see her!  He told me it made his week!
Last night, Cameron texted me this picture to tell me that he won the Mr. Haymaker contest.  He is indeed, Mr. Haymaker 2019.  His celebrity status at KSU might be getting out of hand?!?!?
I asked what one had to do to become Mr. Haymaker.  Apparently, it is a pageant style contest.  He rode his unicycle for the talent portion.  I never got a clear answer on his ball gown entry!

So it was a wild day.  We got through it.  I am thankful for the family I have, and the ability to adapt when things go crazy.  I am equally thankful that yesterday is over with!


No comments:

Post a Comment