Monday, November 8, 2021

Weekend update








We had an enjoyable weekend.  I had a list of projects and errands.  I am happy to say that my list of projects got mostly completed.  My list of errands, well not so much.  My intent was to clean up the house and then go get groceries and run errands.  But my list of projects I wanted to accomplish was going so well that we just never left the house.   Harper and I got the refrigerator completely cleaned.  I cleaned the oven (both tasks I despise). We super cleaned the kitchen. Which is why, when Cameron and Lauren came for dinner, we decided to eat at TJ’s!  

Cameron and Lauren attended the KSU vrs KU game in Lawrence.  Cameron attended as a guest of the athletic directors, got to sit in box seats, was invited to the chancellor’s breakfast, he was supposed to sit with governor Kelly as well, but she was attending a funeral.   Lauren told me that the food was great, there was an open bar, and they got all sorts of cool stuff like lapel pins.   Sounded like a lot of fun!  Plus KSU gave KU a solid beating, so that’s always a good day. 
We didn’t get to see Colin and Spencer, but i did get these cute pictures of the grand pups.   Cash looks a lot happier about it than Volt does!  

Friday evening, I decided to get some wild barn kittens from a friend.   Preston has been doing chores at my parent’s neighbors house, and the kittens were right down the road, so he agreed to go pick them up for me.   He was gone forever.  I thought he was getting 5 or 6 kittens.  He came home with 2.   He was not happy. He said he chased kittens for an hour and that these were the only ones he could catch.  Saige pulled one out of the cat carrier and it ran for the hills.  No idea where it went, but I’m guessing our neighbors may have a new cat hanging around!   This little gray one, although we were told was wild, is definitely not wild.  The girls put her down in the barn.  Saturday morning, we found her crying in the garage.   We took her back to the barn, where her food was.  An hour later she was back at the house, coming inside whenever anyone opened the door.  This was a repeating cycle until Sunday afternoon, when Jim shrugged his shoulders, took a deep breath and said just let her stay in the house, she’s gonna get run over.  And that is how the “wild barn kitten” smuggled herself into being a house cat.   The girls are pretty excited about that arrangement.  Now to get her potty trained!   Carlos spent an hour barking at her, but by evening, he was laying on the couch with her.  She’s a sweetheart.  The kids named her Minot. 
Luckily, the kids have today off of school, and I decided to take a vacation day.  We are going to get Saige and Harper’s first vaccine (finally!) and  get Quincy new wrestling shoes, and then the hellish task of Sam’s club and grocery shopping.   I much prefer to grocery shop with Jim, because he doesn’t add (as much) random weirdness to my cart, but I’m happy we had so much family time over the weekend, and refuse to complain about the errands getting postponed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment