Wednesday, November 17, 2021

We try










Saige had reading homework this week to read in nature.  Harper helped her with this set up!  :)  They crack me up with their weird ideas.  

As I was driving home on the bus, I saw a bunch of kittens in a ditch where there were no houses close.  I think someone must have dumped them.  I did not know if I could catch them or where I would put them on the bus, so I went home, and then the girls and I went over to see if we could catch them.  We couldn't find them, but it was a beautiful sunset in a lovely part of the world!  Always feeling blessed to get to live where we do!  

Harper had math homework.  Jim had meetings.  Preston started a new job at the Carbondale grocery store.  I helped her as much as I could, but I will be the first person to admit that when it comes to math, I am not in my happy place.  We mustered through the cube/area/blocks page, and then we got to the triangle fiasco.  I tapped out and we waited for either Jim or Preston to get home.  Preston won that race.  Preston also checked our math for me, and he gave us a passing grade, although warned us of the evils of not labeling our answers.  :)  

Since the beginning of the pandemic, I have wished for this day.  I am happy to say that we finally got the girls their first shots!  Everyone in our house is now at least partially vaccinated.  Since our BOE decided that we do not need to follow any covid protocol, I have been pretty worried about these 2 especially.  We still have to go back of course, but at least it is started.  I wanted to take care of it last  week when they were out of school, but it was too soon in the process.  I am thankful we got it done today.  Laughably, the girls got shots, and Evelyn cried.  :)  Nobody gets to hurt her best buddies.  

I love this photo of Mallory getting mummied by her class.  I love watching her do what she loves!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment