Sunday, November 21, 2021

Jim’s birthday







 
Today is Jim’s birthday.  We also had Langsgiving today at our house.  Since all the kids were here, we decided a group photo for Christmas cards was in order.  It was absolute chaos, and of the 30 pictures taken,  not a single one is where everyone is looking at the camera, smiling, and looking normal.  But I love all these pictures and these people so much and we are very blessed.   I was so happy to see them all in one place today.  

I was also happy to see a lot of my aunts, uncles and cousins.  It may not have been the safest thing to do in a pandemic, but it has been so long since we got together, I am thankful we were able to do it.  

Colin and Spencer went to the KSU game with Cameron.  I love getting unsolicited photos.  

And now to the important things.  Jim’s birthday.  The fact that he spent the day entertaining people, helping me host Langsgiving, moving furniture and whatever else on his special day sort of perfectly illustrates the man that he is.  Thoughtful, caring, loving and helpful. He also thinks he’s a comedian, although I don’t see any offers for him to do stand up for pay.   I know he was happy to see all our kids and their significant others.  I know he enjoyed the day. I did make him a birthday cake, although he passed on singing and photos.  I will be forever thankful that he blew off doing his laundry to go hang out at the bar and now he’s all mine.  (Although it seems that not doing laundry is a life long choice!)  I’m still lucky to spend my life with this birthday boy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment