Monday, November 7, 2022

November already?



I am just not sure what is happening to 2022....how in the world is it November?  Anyway, here we are I guess.  
For the first time in probably 20 years, we don't have anybody playing winter sports.  No all day wrestling, no basketball games.  No FBLA winter activities to help with.  I feel like that should mean that we are bored at home, wondering what to do with all our free time.  So not the case!  Too bad for me, I seem to have filled life full of other activities instead!  It's fine.  Everything is fine.
This weekend, Evelyn spent the night with Aunt Mal.  Sometimes I crack up at the stuff they do together.  Evie was Mal's doctor.  Mal cannot go to work now, because she is so, so sick!  Mal seemed ok with this arrangement.  Not sure how the school is going to feel about Mal missing her personal development day due to being diagnosed by a 3 year old doctor?  

Saturday, we had a shower for my nephew Garrett's girlfriend.  They are having a little boy after Christmas, and we are all excited!  Evie keeps telling people she is going to be a "big cousin."  I thought this was probably the cutest cake I have ever seen!  

Bailey and Garrett got a lot of very nice stuff for their new guy.  Evie had fun bringing the gifts over for Bailey!  It was a nice shower, and I am excited to meet our newest family member!


Colin and Spencer flew into Baton Rouge to visit Cameron and Lauren.  It makes me happy that Lauren is so good about sending me photos!  She gets my love for all the pictures!  The other thing that continually makes me happy is seeing my adult children as friends.  I think they look like they are having fun!  





Also, I love both of these girls.  I like how they have meshed into the family, and how sweet they both are.  We are lucky to have them!  I am sure they both think we are absolutely insane, redneck weirdos but that's ok.  They just go with it.  My boys did good.  
Another thing I love, Sunday night dinner.  Having as many of the kids home as possible, catching up a little bit without having to rush off to somewhere.  It makes the week start off on a good foot.  Of course, it seems to have also become a night to do projects.  Poor Andrew never knows what he will walk into.  From getting electrocuted by the microwave, to installing speakers in Preston's car, he will always happily pitch in.  Madison did good too.  

The past week was a bit of a fiasco, with some of us catching strep throat, trying to juggle all the stuff, sharing cars because Quincy is still looking for a new car, and who knows what else, but we made it.  This week is even crazier.  I am sure we will tackle it all, but I am still wondering where the times goes.  Seems like the weeks fly by!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment