Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Band Concert

Over the past few months, I have felt the need to be very critical of decisions that our school district has made. I know it probably seems to our board of education that all I do is complain. So in an attempt to not always be a complainer, I have decided to post a sunshine and rainbows report of my daughter's band concert. Two years ago, we got a new band director...this also happened to be Mallory and Madison's first year in band. This director is so young, that when we attended the meeting to pick instruments, Jim asked who the "kid helping" was. He is fresh out of college, and has such a passion for music, and it shows in his band kids. We really have enjoyed watching both of the girls progress from never having touched an instrument in their lives to being pretty good little players! Tonight's band concert was great! They sounded fabulous! The best part of watching this progress is that he keeps the kids so excited about what they are doing, that I have never once had to nag my kids to practice - they just do it...they want to please their teacher, and they want their band to sound great! I really hope that this director is here for a long, long time. Next year, Colin is wanting to play the drums! I hope that the drums are as fun for him as the flute and clarinet have been for the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment