Friday, July 24, 2009

Overdue post




This post is long past due since Colin's team had their final game on Wednesday night. They lost to North Lyon County to be out of tournament play. It was a tough game, and the boys from N. Lyon are definitely bigger, stronger and faster than Colin's team is! They had a great season though, with great coaches, and tons of fun! These photos are from the game the night before against Eskridge (who they beat) - I don't have any photos of the N. Lyon game because it started late and it was dark. The photos from then didn't turn out. Colin played some 2nd base, shortstop, and center field in both games. N. Lyon had a monster pitcher, he pitched about as hard as any kid we have ever seen, Colin managed to get a very nice hit off of him though!

With ball season now over, we are filling our days with swimming and training some (hungry) pigs. I say hungry because our friend brought over his hog scales and they are all pretty large - Mallory and Cameron's weighed 275, Madison's was 245, and Colin's was right at 300 pounds. They are now all on diets because the optimum weight for pig showing is 230-250, and we don't want them to get much bigger. We still have 3 weeks to go before fair! It should be a challenge! They are eating, just not on full feed like they have been all summer!
Other things that seem to be sucking dry our time, doctor appointments, this week my doctor found that everything seems to be progressing normally with #7. Mallory's eye exam found that she has great vision, and Colin needed a new prescription with his glasses, his left eye got a little worse. Personally, I was somewhat happy with that diagnosis because I was very frustrated with his old glasses, as they kept breaking all the time. I am hoping that the new pair is stronger and wear a little bit better! (Not that I want the kids eyes to get progressively worse though!) I also had to get some continuing education hours for the position on the library board. I got my hours in for the next 2 years - and I must say I am happy to have that done because those classes are BORING!! This weekend, we are headed to Emporia for my cousin's wedding. It seems that they have all decided that they should be married all the sudden! Should be good, and it is always nice to have a night off from cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment