Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Update

Yesterday, Uncle Jay came up from Kentucky to go with Jim, Colin and Cameron to KSU fan appreciation night. The boys (the 43 year old included) got to meet Bill Snyder and he signed their hats. Cameron now thinks that his hat is worth at least $1000. He was a little bit indignant with me when I made him take it off before mass this morning. I am not sure that our new parish priest holds Bill Snyder in the same high regard as my boys do! The boys have always spent a day at the KSU spring game - its tradition - now I see that they will add another tradition to the mix! They had a great time, brought home tons of KSU stuff, and tons and tons of autographs. The only thing is that next time I am pretty sure they aren't going to get away with leaving Preston at home!
The girls and I had a veg in front of the tv night - watching chick flicks with no interruptions from the men! It was a great night for everyone!
We managed to get family photos taken yesterday as well. Our church has decided to put together a new parish directory. The last time they did this I was pregnant with Quincy. This means that we once again have a family photo which will need to be updated in only a few months! Oh well, the opportunity was too good to pass up!
Last weekend was the first weekend with our new priest. So far, I really like him. He seems to be a very nice, young and holy man. I was especially excited when he announced this morning that he wanted to move our mass time back 1/2 an hour. This means more sleep on Sunday mornings! Or more time to wrangle the troops out the door! Whichever!
I spent today trying to catch up. Home school means that I have to plan ahead, something that is going to be a struggle for me because I am the eternal procrastinator! So far, I am loving it though, it is so cool to spend the time with my boy learning things, and then applying them to life. I am sure that this time is one that I will always cherish! I am also trying to catch up on laundry, and am thankful that there was no rain this weekend to interfere with my Little House on the Prairie clothes drying! I am proudly almost caught up!

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun Saturday night! I was just as excited to meet Coach Snyder as the boys! Of course, I didn't get lockjaw like Cameron did when we got to meet him. Coach was probably glad when I left! Jay

    ReplyDelete