Sunday, August 2, 2009

week in review













I didn't get any posting done this week, so now I think I will have to review the week and post the photos in one big post. The weather has been pretty cool, and Colin couldn't swim because of the stitches, so we spent some time at the city park. We also spent some time walking the very grumpy pigs. Colin's pig seems to suffer the most from the diet he is on, and now will pathetically follow a feed bucket anywhere you want to lead him with it. I will try to get pictures of this because it is pretty funny.


Highlights of the week:

*Colin got his stitches out on Friday.

*Quincy had a little bout of the flu on Saturday, but seems much better today.

*We managed to pick up Colin's new glasses, and they seem to be holding up so far!

*I got all the enrollment papers for Preston and Quincy's preschool, and for Mallory, Madison and Colin's school and am chin deep in getting them all filled out. We have enrollment for the older 3 kids on Tuesday.
*Colin started his "free" trumpet lessons that came with the trumpet we purchased earlier this summer.

*Jim lived through cooking hotdogs for every kid in Overbrook who played ball, or was on the swim team. (He really did enjoy this).

*I lived through another board meeting at work - and even managed to not die or boredom!
*Jim took Colin and Cameron fishing. They caught a ton of fish, but didn't bring any home (which is fine because nobody here eats fish). They did manage to catch a snake, and they did indeed bring it home to show us. (Scared the heck out of Quincy). Jim swears that he was reeling in a fish and this snake struck at the fish and tried to eat it...he says it was just like something off the National Geographic channel. I have no idea how the snake ended up with a hook stuck in its side...some things I just don't ask!
*I was a Eucharistic minister at church this morning, when I got to church I realized that because of the little fishing trip, the steering wheel in my van had made my hands smell like fish bait and fish. Luckily I noticed before mass started so I was able to wash up before worship! Next time I must remember to Lysol wipe down the van when they get home!!
*We are getting ready for the fair next week. (Starts on the 12th). We are knee deep in posters, recipes, and other fair stuff. I am excited about the county fair, I love this time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment