Saturday, August 29, 2009

Newest Family Member



This is Jim's new car "Rusty." She ain't perty but she runs good!
I killed Jim's other car waaaaaayyy back in June. We have been sharing rides, and running our household with one vehicle ever since. As much as I didn't mind sharing rides etc, I am happy to have Rusty with us. We have been having a giant question over what to do about a second vehicle. With #7 coming this winter, we know that we are going to have to buy a bigger van, but we have not found one that we like, or that we can afford. I really hated the idea that if I took the van somewhere, Jim was here with no vehicle. With our other kids being over at Carbondale at school, I really hated the idea that he had no way to go pick them up if something happened. That's when our local mechanic offered to trade our old car and a few dollars for this rustbucket. Let's just say that no payments will be made on Rusty! Jim and the boys have big plans of painting her purple. I figure that we will still have to buy the bigger van, but the girls are a few months away from being able to get a learner's permit (no, I can't believe it either) and this is just the kind of car that I want them to start out driving...that way when they back into the mailbox, I don't have to cry!

1 comment:

  1. I like rusty! When we were bringing home Nate we were worried about a bigger vehicle, God provided an awesome very used but still awesome running mini van that we are so thankful for! Praying He finds the right one for you too:)
    Blessings,
    Gayly

    ReplyDelete