Friday, August 21, 2009

You live where???

I mentioned that my dryer broke a couple of weeks ago. About 18 months ago, I forced Jim to buy me those new huge washer/dryers where you can wash giant loads of clothes and dry them in the same amount of time as you can wash them. I have been absolutely delighted with this purchase, until the dryer quit drying my laundry. The local repairman came out this week, he took about 20 minutes to look the dryer over and then he ran screaming out the front door (kidding). He went right to Jim's office and told Jim that he could possibly fix the dryer, but he might make it much worse in the process. Jim told him thanks, but please don't touch my wife's dryer! So I called up Lowe's where I bought the dryer from in the first place (and they delivered it to me). Yes, they can service my dryer - what is my zip code. I tell them and the lady asks me "is that a NEW zipcode?" I explained that I have had this zip for pretty much my entire 36 year life - she is floored. Overbrook is not in our computer system. Where are you located? So I explain that we are only 30 minutes from Topeka. She then tells me since I am not in her computer she will have to turn me over to a service locator. UUUUGGGGG! This is weeks with no dryer! At least it was nice today so I got a lot of loads hung outside and dry. The problem is that even though it has been hot, it is so humid that nothing gets quite dry outside, the waistbands are damp, the thick towels are not quite dry...and if they are dry, they are a bit like drying off on cardboard! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this service locator works quickly! Otherwise I am going to resort to something ugly! We might have to move to a location that exists in Lowe's computer system!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, lady it is a new zip code. I was cranky so I made up my own town. I am the post master. :)

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete