Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Home, happy, healthy and thankful

Just wanted to take a quick minute to update on things here. We are all home, enjoying some time off work, and school. I have had a pretty easy recovery from the c-section, and am feeling really good! I am so thankful for the outpouring from our neighbors in the food department, as we have been treated to quite a feast of different foods, none of which I had to cook in the past few days. Harper is a really good baby, who is sleeping about 3 hours at a time, with the exception of last night when she seems to have come down with a bit of a stuffy nose. Madison did a great job of updating the blog for me while I was in the hospital, and first home and unable to treck up and down the stairs to the computer.
I have to admit that when I found out that I was due to have a baby on Christmas day last spring, I was thrilled about the new addition to our family, and less than thrilled about the due date. I just couldn't get over the idea that Christmas is not a good time of the year to be laid up, or to try to add more stuff to my 'to do' list. I was so wrong. It has been great - the kids are home, they have been a great help to me. Jim had accumulated some vacation time, so he has been home as well, and tackling our Christmas shopping for us... I hope he knows how much I appreciate his running around, and all his help! I am so lucky to have such a great family. What a nice time of the year to be home with out having to go in to work, or having to go anywhere at all, to share time with my kids and husband! God truly works out the details for us is we let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment