Sunday, December 6, 2009

Trying to relax and catch up


Riding the sleigh with Santa. Mallory and Madison decided to ride too, mostly because there was a bag of candy for all who rode along!





The annual 4-H Christmas party was a pretty good time!

I got sick of trying fruitlessly to comb Quincy's hair every day, and trying to bribe her to keep her pony tail in, so finally we just cut it short. We think it is cute, but I must admit that the combing and keeping out of her face is still a struggle! If she was a boy I would shave her head!!!
We were supposed to have a Mexican dinner at church this weekend...however they are re-doing the plaster in the church and doing a bunch of work in the basement, so they cancelled the dinner. I was sad about the loss of a really good lunch, but not about having to spend the weekend cooking and serving food! Since this event was cancelled, it completely freed up our weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed watching several movies with the kids yesterday and just relaxing around the house. We also had no events today, so we went to Walmart for stocking up reasons. I am happy to say that we have baby diapers in the house now, so we won't be having to stop on the way home from the hospital! The only thing we are missing is a baby to put in them! In hitting the 9th month, my body is totally ready for this baby to be born. My heart is totally ready too. I know in my brain that the 9th month seems to go on forever, and then you are serving cake to a 1 year old and have no idea where the year went, so I am trying to enjoy this last few weeks, but waiting has never been one of my strong points!
Santa has been frequenting Overbrook a lot this week, and Quincy has used every opportunity she can to tell him "I am NOT on the naughty list" - I guess we have been telling her that a lot lately!
Cameron got news on his basketball team, and so that begins. Colin will have his first wrestling tournament the day after Christmas. Winter activities are going to be in full swing before we know what hit us!






No comments:

Post a Comment