Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After
















My niece really enjoyed her new cousin!

Is there anything sadder than the day after Christmas? All the shopping, rushing around, food preparation is done, all the secrets revealed, and all the trash left in its wake. It is easy to say that we will keep that Christmas spirit all year long, but do we carry through? I know that I don't. We try to do good works, help our neighbors, lend a hand to those in need, visit the sick and the elderly, and pray for those who need it, but sometimes we slip into a routine that does not include this stuff. It would seem that outside of December, the rest of the world doesn't really include these things either, so it is easy to let them slip by the wayside. Maybe this can be the year that we do better. I am dedicated to trying a little harder.



Colin wrestled in his first tournament of the season today. I didn't get to go, but Jim reported that he worked very hard. He got 3rd place. He wasn't very happy with this, but he says he will just have to practice harder. The tournament was in Rossville, and the roads were questionable, Jim said that they got almost there and he was saying 'whew we made it' - when they had a little trouble and slid into a ditch. Luckily, they got a ride into town and Colin made the weigh-in in time...I managed to get the number of a tow truck guy from Rossville, and he was able to get Jim pulled back onto the road. Nobody was hurt, and the van is fine too. After that adventure, I was sort of glad that we decided that I should stay home with the little ones! I do hate to miss his matches though! He has a couple of weeks before his next tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment