Sunday, October 21, 2012

A trip to Worlds of Fun

 We spent all day (and most of the night) yesterday at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City.  The kids had an absolutely amazing time!  So did Jim and I.  I have a new favorite time to visit.  Always before, we have gone in the summer time, and then about died of heat exhaustion, spent an insane amount of money on drinks, and been generally miserable.  October is the time to go!  We did not sweat a drop of sweat, did not spend our life savings on water just to survive, and the decorations and haunted stuff was very cool!

 I had to include the above photo....I know it is dark, but they had a mini-detinator.  It shoots kids straight up and then drops them back down again.  Harper was 'sure' she wanted to ride it, and I  figured it would scare the tar out of her....but she LOVED it!  She rode it about 4 or 5 times!
 Madison was a very good sport and rode almost all of the rides in Planet Snoopy with Harper and Quincy!  Luckily for me, she hates roller coasters!
 I can't even begin to describe how good Saige was all day long!  She is such an awesome baby!
 Colin texted to let me know he was getting on the mamba - Mallory took this photo and we are sure that we could see my cousin Brenda, who was riding with him.  They all loved it.  To me, this photo sums up why I was not on there with him!
 I got lots of photos of the little ones in Planet Snoopy while Jim, my cousin Brenda and her boyfriend took the big boys on all the big rides.  The little girls had so much fun, and even though the park was packed, there were not many lines in the little kid area!




 Brenda and her boyfriend rode the 'little kid scary roller coaster' with Harper and Quincy!










 The kids were very, very well behaved, and this photo of Quincy cracks me up, but she was really not being a turkey!
It was a really awesome day.  We even stayed after dark, and watched the monsters come out, rode the haunted train ride, and enjoyed all the fog machines!  We were all exhausted and ready to come home!  That didn't stop the little kids from asking if we were going back today though!

No comments:

Post a Comment