Thursday, October 18, 2012

Desptie my best efforts...

I try really hard to take pictures of my kids.  Despite my best efforts, though, sometimes the best faces, best moments and funniest things go undocumented because you just can't live with a camera in your hands.  Like this morning, when Madison volunteered to go out and get a new bottle of water from the garage.  She quickly came screaming in right back in.  I wish I would have had a video camera going just because it was so funny!  She was screaming OH MY GAWD THERE IS A POSSOM IN THE GARAGE!  A Possom!  AAAAHHHHHAAHHH!
Colin, who is always slow to get up in the mornings jumped right up.  A possom?  I will get it for you! 
He opened the garage door, only to shut it quickly and say "that is NOT a possom!"  It was a giant, huge, well fed, skunk! 
He was digging in the trash.
This was followed with a discussion on what the heck we should do, and another impromptu lesson on why the heck we HAVE to close BOTH garage doors!
Colin slid his hand out the house door and hit the button to the big door.  The skunk lumbered out like a good skunk.
This is actually the second time this week that we have seen this huge guy.  The first time, he was on our front steps.  I thought, mistakenly, that it was Bev's dog.  I am glad I realized in time that it was not!
So now, we will be working with the city to trap him.  Since it is illegal to shoot him in the city limits, and it is not a good plan to leave out poison and risk the kids, our cat, or the neighborhood pets getting it, the live trap is the only option.
Colin went through a trapping phase about a year ago, but he assured me that part of his life is now over!  :)

 Saige was a little bit more help in the kitchen yesterday than we needed.  Madison and I were trying to make dinner and bake birthday treats for Preston at school, and she was for some reason, fascinated by the oven.
 So Madison decided to entertain her by feeding her crackers with chocolate peanut butter on them from Madison's secret stash.
 We though she was gobbling them down.....only to find out that
 she ONLY liked the chocolate peanut butter!
 Preston picked out a ton of cupcake ideas from the internet.  Most of them were way out of my ability range for cake decorating, and we finally settled on these 3 eyed monsters.  He was very excited to take them to school this morning.  I can't wait to hear if the other 2nd graders like them as much as Preston did!

Harper decided it was time to teach Saige to sing the alphabet song this afternoon.  Saige was not especially interested in learning, and Harper told me she was the "worst school girl ever!"  I may be wrong, but I am guessing that Harper has been told this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment