Friday, November 2, 2012

They Killed the Mockingbird

Colin came home from school the other afternoon with one of his friends.  Not that I wasn't happy to see the friend, but they hadn't really told me of this plan.  Colin told me they had to get together because they have a huge project due for freshman English, and had to make a video.  OK. 
I then hear him ask Quincy if she wants to be the main character in their video.  I quickly reminded Colin that Quincy is 6.  He said its ok mom - we need a girl who acts like a tomboy to be Scout from the book "To Kill a Mockingbird."  I had to admit that I was pleased for a moment, because I remembered this book and thought "wow! he actually read it!" 
 I then hear him say "Quick, Cam go dress up as a woman!" 
Cam will do anything.  Sometimes I genuinely worry about that boy. 
 So we are making a video for freshman English in which Quincy is the main character, and Cam is dressed as a green haired woman?   Yes!  Its gonna be great mom.....just wait and see.
5 minutes later I see Colin getting out the chainsaw from the garage.  I know it has been a long time since I read that book, but I don't remember any chainsaw part?   NO chainsaws allowed!  Colin then told me if he flunks freshman English it will be all my fault.  Sure, blame the mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment