Saturday, September 7, 2013

A long short week

 Colin and Cameron both played in their first season games this week.  Cam had a great game, despite getting called for clipping which was actually not him.  Cam (#75) was super excited that his team beat Holton.  It was not a sound kick in the pants, but a win is a win, right?

 I went to Holton to watch Cam, while Jim and some of the kids went to the high school and watched Colin's game.  I was told he made some tremendous plays.  His team won as well.

 We are off to a good start!

 Saige was terrified of the kitten for a few days after we brought him home.....as you can see they are great friends now.  Ok, maybe the tables have turned and it is now Adolf who is terrified!
 Today Colin helped run a concession stand during a large auction for fundraiser for his CWF trip.  We had a pretty busy day.  While we were there, Jim and the other kids attended the annual Overbrook Kid's Fishing Derby.  I was told they had much better luck than last year, when they reeled in absolutely no fish.  This year, each kid caught some.  I would like to take credit because I bought the right hooks yesterday, but I guess I will let Jim have this one!  :)  
 Harper was super excited that she caught some fish, and she was even more impressed because her daddy taught her that to get the fish smell off, you wash your hands with toothpaste.  While this might be effective, I do not highly recommend telling such a thing to a 3 year old.....I see a lot of toothpaste purchases in my near future.



 Quincy wore her lucky fish earrings, and reeled in quite a few big guys.....she even won a tackle box full of lures, which made her entire weekend!  Preston told me that this was a "perfect day,"



After standing around working in the 100 degree heat, I was more than happy to see that the day with daddy made the kids tired and we are now just hanging out around the house.  I am looking forward to a night of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment