Sunday, September 15, 2013

"Fun" Fest





 The band marched in the Carbondale Fun Fest parade last night.  I took the little guys (and Cam) over to watch the parade and look around the fun fest.  The band sounded really good in the parade....from what we could hear of them.  Unfortunately, they were behind some very loud (obnoxiously loud) muscle cars, and in front of some extremely loud and rude motorcycle and 4 wheeler riders.  I think the girls were a little disgruntled with the parade line up!
 The kids were a little disgruntled at the rudeness of the parade goers - and I am always surprised when people act so rude.  One little girl literally shoved Saige to get a sucker.  Saige wasn't really even trying to get the sucker. .  Unfortunately, I could understand where they got their manners after 2 minutes of standing beside their parents.  The people also just kept walking forward until they were literally standing in the street.  I kept waiting for someone to get run over by a parade float

 We decided that the parade was a bust, but being the genius I am, I allowed the kids to each buy a can of silly string.  Yes, they were obnoxious with it, spraying each other and some of their friends, but it sort of redeemed the trip by adding in a little fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment