Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happiest Day of the Year! (yes it is!)

 I was the class treat mom for Preston's party today.  Pintrest is the devil's playground, and I should never, ever look on there because I find things like "Dracula's dentures" and think 'gee that looks easy and fun' and then I spend 2 hours making them, get done, and have Cameron come home and beg me to make some for his choir class.  Then Madison came home from work and wanted some for her friends.  All told, I think we made about 60 of these, but at least with the last 30 or so I had tons of help!  And the reward of seeing how funny Preston's 3rd grade class thought they were was totally worth it!
 The little girls and I attended Preston's class party, then watched Quincy's school parade and then came home and got ready to go trick or treating.  There was a high school football game (which should not even be legal) tonight, so the big kids were all tied up with that.  I took the little ones trick or treating with some friends and we had a great night.  
 Adolf has grown significantly since we first bought his costume, and it was a huge struggle to get him into it.  After a few minutes, he wiggled free and hid from me!
 Quincy in her zombie costume - from the boy's department because girl costumes don't cut it.
 Harper was Tinkerbell.  
 Preston was a grave ghoul.
 Mallory went for a little while as a crazy cat lady, and Madison was a farmer.

 Saige was Daffy Duck


 Madison and Mallory had to change it up a little bit because the halftime show included the band playing "Thriller" and they all were supposed to dress as some sort of zombie.  Madison was a zombie farmer and let me do her make up - sort of - she started complaining halfway through that I was going overboard and she was going to break out and that I was making her look like a freak.  (Like zombies aren't freaks?)
Mallory was not a good band member.  She only consented to one small scar on her forehead.  She is just no fun at all

Cameron was also helping with the band and was very excited because he was in charge of wetting down the dry ice.  He was dressing as a zombie, but he had to stay after wrestling practice and didn't ever come home.  Colin is of course on the football team, so there was no dressing up as anything but a football player for him tonight.

Halloween is always the greatest day!  We had a ton of fun and I can't wait to do it all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment