Sunday, October 6, 2013

 Quincy's soccer team played their second game.  Quincy played really well, and they won.  It was way cold out, which is so typical for soccer season.  
 Quincy said it was just right out and that she wasn't cold at all.  :)




 After soccer, we attended the 4-H skating party.  Well, Preston, Quincy and Harper attended.  The big kids were all working.
 Preston ended up falling down a ton and hurt his foot.  He is not overly excited about skating.
 I figured that Harper would go out, fall down and be done.  I anticipated having to entertain her while the other kids skated.  I could not have been more wrong.  She skated the whole time and only fell about 2 times.  She had a great time and proclaimed she loves skating!




 During the last part of the party, they opened up the floor for the kids to dance without skates.  I don't know if you can see it in these photos, but Harper was right out in the middle of the big kids.  She even knew some of the dance moves when they were line dancing.  Sometimes it makes me laugh how having big siblings teaches the little ones things that I would never have guessed.  I think the skating party was a huge success.  I was happy to see so many 4-Hers come out.

 Today I took Preston to his first flag football game while Jim took Cameron to a scrimmage game for his fall baseball team.  Preston's team played really well.  they are masters of the fake and they used it to win the game.  It was fun to watch!  I haven't heard yet how Cameron's team did, they are not back yet.  I hope it was good.  With his football team having sort of a rough season, I would love to see the baseball team have a little success!  One only needs to build so much character!



The week ahead looks to be a busy one.  I am happy that my kids are involved in all this stuff, happy to be walking this journey with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment