Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Last one

 On Sunday, we made the 10 hour drive home from Chicago.  The kids were very well behaved....and even though it was a long drive, they mostly got along and seemed to coast in the sleeping position.
 We did see a woman at a gas station driving my dream car.  It is a tricked out hearse!  The coolest Halloween car ever!  :)


 We came home through St. Louis.  We made a promise to Preston a couple years ago when we could not get tickets to the top, that we would be back someday and that we would make sure he got to go up in the arch.  We bought the tickets over the phone and he had a great time!  One thing I love about Jim, he is always willing to do the high stuff for me!  God knew before I met Jim that I needed a partner who was willing to do these things!

 While the kids rode to the top with Jim, these girls and I walked around and enjoyed being out of the car for  a while.  We walked down the river front, and looked through the museum at the base of the arch.  

 I have to say that I really do love St. Louis.  There is something about it.  Maybe it is because it is cheap, fun and entertaining, or maybe it is nostalgia from this being the first vacation Jim and I ever took together, but whatever it is, I love it there.   Jim may or may not agree with me!  :)



We made it home and were happy to get out of the car, sad that vacation flew by so fast, and the kids were not overly excited about returning to school.  I am so happy that we had this opportunity to be together with our kids, without the distractions of every day life.  I saw so many things, not just Chicago sites, but a visual reminder of how well bonded our kids are, how much I love my husband.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment