Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

 We started out our Christmas at our annual Christmas Eve extravaganza of cousin love, food, fabulous gifts and bribery.  As in, if you want to open even a single gift, you will stand together and let us take photos of you.
 And each year I am surprised at how crazy the photos are!  One would think I would learn!  At least this year, nobody was crying!  :)  Heck, the middle one might even be considered decent?



 We had an awesome evening.  It was relaxing, fun and amazing to have us all together, celebrating and visiting.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself.



 And so did everyone else.  We decided the kids were old enough to give 10 pm mass a try.  Its not midnight, so it wouldn't be as tiring.  Except that Father Kip was in a very, very festive mood!  He sang A LOT of Christmas carols (ones the choir had not prepared, he just sang by himself!).  I though the mass was beautiful, despite being long and am very happy we went.




 We discussed that it is ok to get a ring from grandma and grandpa, but never from a boy.  As of today, Madison is agreeable to this arrangement!


 Cameron's Christmas goal - add to his crazy t-shirt collection.  Success!


 Christmas day, we enjoyed being home as a family.  My kids know there will be no gifts from Santa, or anyone else until I get my annual Christmas morning photo.  Madison frequently tells me that I am a horrible photographer....I am starting to think my subjects are the real issue.  Who sits still here? :)

 Santa was excessively good to us!
And I was absolutely thrilled with my husband who bought me a long wanted Nook.  Of course, I have since discovered why this is a very bad idea.....thousands of books to read at my fingertips.  Reading has always been an addiction of mine.  The world ceases to exist when I read....which is ok until you realize that nobody has gotten dressed or eaten breakfast!  Ooops!  At least nobody can say I didn't enjoy my new toy!
Mallory and Madison had to work the dinner shift tonight.  They were a little bit shocked by the Christmas dinner selection of hamburgers!  Apparently, the residents were turkey'd out!



 The only thing Quincy really, really wanted for Christmas was fake puke.  I have no clue other than she thinks she can prank people and it will be HILARIOUS.  Sorry in advance if you are one of those people!  She was happier than ever to receive this strange gift!
Sorry honey, but this is better than the posed photo you asked me to post.

Merry Christmas to all, and I can't leave a Christmas post without quoting the great and powerful Larry "nothing's over like Christmas"  Ours was great!  Hope yours was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment