Monday, May 26, 2014

Worth it all


This weekend was a nice, relaxing one spent together as a family.   I got a kick out of Mallory trying to photograph Flashy Mike.  I enjoyed watching Jim and the boys work together to figure out the pool equipment.   

I watched Cameron work diligently on a treehouse that all the kids have been wanting for quite a number of years.  

I saw my husband and children burn yet another pile of brush that the previous owner had piled up but never burned.   This might cause stress to some people, but to my husband the pyro, it is a joy and a guilty pleasure.  


And last but not least I witnessed one if the strangest things I have ever seen.  Quincy and Preston went out to do chores.  About 3 minutes later Quincy came back to the house hysterically screaming that a black snake had ahold of one of her chickens.   Colin bolted out the door with a bat.  I got there in time to see him jump over the fence and the snake dropped the chicken and literally sprang through the fence.  Colin then tossed the bat to Preston who finished the snake.   Now I have never been one to kill a black snake, but this one had killed Claudine.  There is nothing around who should be allowed to kill Claudine.  Preston was quick in action to defend his sister's chickens.  Unfortunately for Claudine we were minutes too late. I was amused at the way my kids are quick in action to defend each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment