Friday, September 5, 2014

It's September but....

Technically, since we have started football and gotten the notices about fall soccer we should be celebrating fall things.   Instead, we are still pretending that it is still summer!   The kids (and their mom) have still been enjoying swimming.   You see, we are sunshine living, water loving, die hard summer people! 

Jim has been lighting more 'little' piles on fire.  Sometimes his idea of an evening project scares me! 
My father can say that guineas are disgusting and loud all he wants, I love these guys!   They seriously are cool!  We have definitely seen a decrease in the tick population since they came to live here, and while my parents have had grasshoppers of plague proportions, we have seriously seen about 3 grasshoppers all summer long!  The 3 females don't have names because we can't tell them apart.   The male is gray and Preston has decided to name him Bill!  For some reason that makes me laugh.  
Harper is absolutely loving preschool!  She did come home one morning and tell me 'the only acceptable way to burn energy during reading time is by doing half roller coasters.'   I was sure I needed to know what a half roller coaster is....after all I sometimes need to Burn energy during boring government workshops.  Ms. Julie was very confused and said that she was not sure what a half roller coaster is either!  
Quincy had waited and waited and waited for her chickens to start laying eggs.  She was so excited yesterday to get her first egg, and just as disappointed that the chicken did not repeat her egg laying today!   Patience is not her best virtue!  I was worried she might try to squeeze an egg herself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment