Sunday, September 21, 2014

Some kinda crazy

It's been a real marathon of a weekend.  Friday night, the football team won for the 3rd straight week!   I failed to take photos of Colin playing football (as a freshman, Cam has been keeping the varsity stats). I did get a few shots of the marching band though.  Cameron seems to be enjoying band and I have not heard the complaints about cold mornings and wet grass that I used to hear from his older sisters! 
Mallory came home for a visit and went to the game with us.  She said it felt weird to not be performing in the halftime shows!  
Saturday Cameron attended Washburn university band day.  He said that despite getting a shirt and a free hotdog, he is not a fan of Washburn.  He also said their tuba section was no fun.  
While he was having no fun with the Washburn tuba players, Colin and I were working parking cars at a car show in Ottawa for Cameron's CWF trip.   We were not having all that much fun either!  People seemed rather grouchy this year! At least it didn't rain!
Jim was on soccer duty, as this was the first week of games for Quincy and Harper.  Jim forgot to take any photos, but that is ok because we have a few more weeks to go!   Harper's team won their game.  Quincy's team did not win, but she did tell me she is sure she is the best player.  And she is so humble too!  

Today, Cameron attended his confirmation retreat.   He said it was fun but he came home with his jean seams duct taped together.  Apparently during one of the games, he ripped his whole crotch out of his jeans.  He said he stood up and said 'today I thank God I remembered to wear underwear.'   Everyone told me he was the funniest kid there.  Yes, we are raising 'that' kid!  

I attended a meeting to try to help the new 4-H leaders with the year end papers.  It was very time consuming but I felt like I learned a lot.  
At this point, I am ready to go back to work so I can sit for a while in the peace and quiet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment