Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Just a few random happenings

A man from our church invited us over to pick apples.  I was excited, but my picking buddy Cameron didn't seem to share my enthusiasm!  
My peeling buddy was a little more into the project, as he is able to think future apple pies.  
We tried something new this year and canned apple pie filling.  As recipes go, this is about as easy as canning ever gets.   On a messiness factor though, I can say I have rarely ever had to spend that kind of time cleaning up before!  
Mallory had a little bit of car truma over the weekend, which meant she was home for an extended weekend. The little girls were thrilled to have the softhearted one here to swing them!
Everyone should have a favorite goat....mine is Buttee. She is sweet, gentle, cute and extremely tolerant of Saige.  
I might like her more than the dog.  Flashy is growing up!  He is not a bad dog but he has a bit of a taste for chicken....which makes him a mortal enemy of the chicken girl.  He also cost Jim an entire weekend in revamping the chicken pen!  So far, Jim's newly improved pen seems to be working!  
And as far as the farm critters go, nobody is as sweet as our watchcow Ryan.  He loves for us to scratch his chin and brisket!  

No comments:

Post a Comment