Sunday, January 11, 2015

What a weekend!

It has been one of those no relaxation type of weekends!  It started with Cameron having a basketball game at Central Heights.   Jim went down to watch him but neglected to take pictures.   It was not a very good game for the freshman team I was told.  
Saturday morning, Quincy started her basketball season.  She is #5 on the purple team.   She was a little sad that none of her best buddies were on her team, but she seemed to have fun anyhow!  
After her game, it was off to the races for me as I took Cameron to his practice and Preston to practice.  
While I was on chauffeur duty, Jim and Jodi (Colin's girlfriend) went to Rossville to watch Colin wrestle.  Colin had an awesome day on the mats and took 2nd place in the 138 pound bracket.  His team took 1st place overall of the 16 teams that were there.   Jim did take a couple of photos, but Jodi actually shared hers with me!   Jim and I were really proud of Colin!  He really does work hard, and makes the sacrifices needed to be on this team.  
And as long as I am bragging about the kids (cause that's what I do best) Cameron has joined the school jazz band.   They are fabulous!   Seriously I love listening to them play!   Last night, they had a paid gig.  The rotary club paid them to provide entertainment for a retirement celebration of our grocer who is retiring after having the grocery store in town in his family for 83 years!  The store was sold to the same person who owns the Carbondale store so we will still have a grocery store for me to spend all our money at!  Anyhow, I am proud of Cameron for taking on the jazz band commitment. They practice 3 days a week very early in the mornings!  He is back on trombone for jazz and still playing tuba in marching, pep and concert band. I do not know how much money they got paid but I was told it goes into his account for the next big band trip!   Bonus!  
Colin has really been enjoying his culinary class at school and today he tried his hand at making cinnamon rolls after church.  They turned out really good!  
With the Jazz band early morning commitment, we have made a supreme effort to get Cameron some practice driving time so he can try once again to pass his driving test.   I hope he passes this time!  He took us to Topeka tonight as we went to Preston's first game. Preston is playing at Sportzone on a team with some of his friends.  His team lost by 1 point tonight but they seemed to have fun so that was good!  
After the game we did our grocery shopping. I hope we got everything because I really, really don't want to go back!  It's gonna be one of those Mondays where you gladly go to work so you can sit down for a while!  

1 comment:

  1. I love keeping track of your family! You are so much better at posting and keeping up than I am these days friend! One of these days when we are back that way, we need to catch up:)

    ReplyDelete