Saturday, April 4, 2015

Celebrating Easter a day early

For Easter this year, we decided to surprise the kids with a puppy.  I had been looking for a couple of breeds because I really didn't want a repeat of the previous dog encounter.  Knowing what I do about Australian shepards and having grown up with them, that was what I wanted.  And so I started hunting. Let's just say the prices I saw on those are shocking. If your dog costs more than a cow, that is a problem to me.  The second breed I considered was a border collie.   Last week, I found these sweet puppies on Craigslist and they were very reasonably priced.  
And then I saw this sweet face.  She has the face of an Aussie!  It was love at first sight for me. It was also love at first sight for 8 very happy kids.  
She seemed to have really bonded with Harper.  I asked Harper if I could have her pants for the puppy to sleep with.  She was appalled. After a lot of explaining she  relented and gave the dog her pants!  The kids named the puppy Blitz.  I can already tell she is smart and sweet and is going to be a great family addition!  
Nothing like a little late night Easter egg dying!  Jim and I celebrated 23 years since we met tonight and went out for dinner.   We were buying the eggs while in town since our chickens mostly lay brown eggs.  We took a bit longer than expected.  The kids still had fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment