Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Sunday

I love Easter!  It is my favorite (well except maybe Halloween).  I love the stories, the fun and the beautiful church service, the family time and the low key attitude it exudes as in comparison to Christmas.  Really, I will never understand why the birth of Jesus causes mass hysteria but the  Resurrection isn't a major deal.  But I appreciate the simpler holidays.  Anyhow off my soapbox. We had a nice early morning service and the kids clean up well!  Once in a while they can even stand beside each other looking happy!  
We had a nice lunch and Easter egg hunt at grandma and grandpas house with the cousins.  
You might think that teenaged boys are too old to hunt eggs, but candy and a grand prize money egg make it where they will probably be hunting eggs when they are 40!   
Unfortunately for the teenaged crowd, Preston found the prized egg.  They tackled him but Blitz saved him!  Those big boys didn't get his prize!  
While I am on the topic of Blitz, I realize it is very early on, but this dog is seriously calm, sweet and smart.  She spent the whole night in her kennel and did not make a mess.  She has been happily following the kids and Jim around all day!  I am happy as all get out with our choice!  
We had a great Easter!  Thanking God for His many blessings in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment